High quality timber window and door specialist Gowercroft Joinery has been nominated for two major industry awards for its pioneering Heritage Range of windows.
The company, which is celebrating 20 years of trading, has been shortlisted in the ‘New Product of the Year’ category of the prestigious G18 Awards - often referred to as the ‘Oscars of the glass and glazing industry’.
The Heritage range has also reached the finals of this year’s ‘Build It Awards’, which recognise the best products, services, projects and innovations available to self-builders and renovators. This achievement follows the company’s previous success as winner of the ‘Best Windows’ category in 2017.
Already installed in a number of heritage properties across the country, the Winston Heritage sliding sash and Richmond Heritage casement windows are the first products of their kind to successfully replicate the classic appearance of the single-glazed windows of the past, whilst delivering exceptional modern performance benefits.
With their unique combination of traditional joinery detailing in high quality Accoya® timber, Pilkington Spacia™ ultra-thin vacuum glazing and the latest in micro-porous paint coatings, they are able to deliver the best of all worlds: a genuine slim-lined aesthetic with no double reflection, plus modern levels of heat and noise insulation, maintenance, durability, sustainability and low life-cycle costs.
Andrew Madge, Managing Director of Gowercroft Joinery said: “We are delighted to have been nominated for these two top industry awards particularly in this our twentieth year of business!
“We have put a massive amount of time and effort into product innovation and we believe our new Heritage Range marks a significant development in building conservation, which could radically change how windows are specified in listed buildings and older properties in the future.”
Key product benefits:-
- Traditional detailing. Authentic features of a classic timber window include: 18mm internal and external glazing bars, fully concealed gaskets and a selection of period ironware.
- Durability. Manufactured from Accoya® a highly sustainable acetylated wood with the best longevity of any timber available in the market and a 70-year minimum service life as stated by TRADA.
- Revolutionary Pilkington Spacia™ ultra-thin vacuum glazing has a total thickness of 6.4mm, which is close to that of traditional single glazed windows often stipulated by conservation officers and a cavity of 0.2mm with virtually no double reflection.
- Exceptional energy performance with whole window U-values which are better than standard double-glazed timber windows, surpassing Part L building regulation requirements for new build properties.
- Fully factory finished with a specially formulated micro-porous paint system, delivering an exceptional finish quality, known longevity and ultra low-maintenance.
- Guarantee. A full 10-year guarantee on all elements of the window. No maintenance is required on the paint finish for the first 10-years.
Following the success of the Winston and Richmond Heritage windows, Gowercroft have now launched the Churchill single and French doors and the Belton Yorkshire sliding sash windows with matching specification. This will allow customers to enjoy the significant benefits delivered by the Heritage range across all their projects. These products are available either directly from Gowercroft Joinery or through their network of dealerships around the UK.