What a night it was at the G17 Awards with more trophies than ever to celebrate even more world-class products, people and initiatives when the industry gathered at the London Hilton on Park Lane to recognise the very best achievements throughout the year.
Guests on Friday (Nov 17) not only cheered the 12 deserving G-Award winners, plus the Derek Bonnard Award for Outstanding Achievement, but also this year applauded winners of two brand new awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Glass & Glazing Federation and the FENSA Installation of The Year.
The biggest cheers however were for the 12 heroic women of the GM Fundraising Paddle2Pedal challenge when they used the event to reveal that their marathon had more than doubled their original target to reach a fantastic £108,474.19!
“It was a fantastic night,” said organiser Tony Higgin, “not just for the 600-plus who joined us to applaud the winners but again for the standard of entries and the effort that was put into every one of them. Also, special thanks to our host Russell Kane for carrying on the tradition of top-class comedians at the G-Awards.”
- Top of the list, the coveted New Product of the Year award went to Deceuninck for its Heritage Flush Sash window system.
- Fabricator of the Year was The Glazerite UK Group
- Installer of the Year: SEH BAC
- Glass Company: Global Glass
- Conservatory Installer: Thistle Windows and Conservatories
- Promotional Campaign, Trade: Real Aluminium
- Promotional Campaign, Retail: SEH BAC
- Commercial Project: HSSP Architects and Oxted Window Systems
- Component Supplier: Mila
- Training and Development Initiative: Epwin Group
- Customer Care Initiative: Glassolutions
- Unsung Hero: Danny Barnett, Solidor
- Derek Bonnard Award for Excellence: Thermoseal Group
- GGF Lifetime Achievement Award: Greg O’Donoghue
- FENSA Installation of the Year: Artisan Conservatories and Windows
The event was sponsored by a number of leading industry organisations including: DW3 Group, Customade Group, Emplas, Epwin Window Systems Division, GGF, Deceuninck, FENSA, Pilkington UK, Edgetech, Saint-Gobain Glass UK, Renolit, Thermoseal Group, Unique Window Systems, The VEKA UK Group, and Glassolutions.
Tony concluded: “We are already turning our thoughts to the G18 Awards, but when the judges were so much in agreement about the high standards of entries this year, it’s going to be a tough act to follow.”
More pictures and video of the event can be seen at www.g-awards.com.