FENSA, the Government authorised self-certification scheme for windows and doors installers, has launched the “Installation of the Year” award, a new competition to celebrate and promote best practice in the industry. The competition is free to enter and will run annually, with all entries for this year valid until 5pm on September 29th 2017.
Once entries are in, 10 companies with the highest customer care scores will become longlisted nominees. This longlist will be scrutinised by a panel of judges who will identify 5 shortlisted finalists. From this shortlist, the "Installation of the Year” winner will be selected in November 2017.
Whilst all entries must be FENSA registered and have passed a RISA inspection at the first time of asking, to be considered as a top entry, companies will need to score highly on quality standards whilst earning excellent customer feedback on the following measures:
- Was the sales process positive for the customer
- Do the product(s) installed match customer expectations
- How did the installer treat the customer’s home
- Was the work completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Would the customer recommend the company to friends & family
Further important details about FENSA’s New “Installation of the Year” Competition includes:
- The customer satisfaction survey, which will narrow down the final 10 nominees, will be undertaken by RISA inspectors as part of the post installation process
- The winner will be the first to receive the FENSA trophy and the FENSA Installation of the Year title
- They will be invited to FENSA’s headquarters in London, with accommodation and travel paid for two people to attend the presentation ceremony
- They can use ‘FENSA Installation Of The Year Winner’ marketing materials to help engage consumers
- They will receive a certificate of acknowledgment of excellence
As part of its wider re-brand, FENSA also recently launched a FENSA Member ID Card, a new form of identification which is cobranded the FENSA and installer’s logo. It is designed to build trust and transparency between installers and consumers. The FENSA Knowledge Hub, a web based management and marketing tool aimed at helping members to understand their market and improve their performance, was also launched in April.
Commenting, Dave Mechem, Inspection Manager at FENSA, said:
“In my role as inspection manager at FENSA, I am regularly struck by the high standards and professionalism of the work our members produce. I’m glad that FENSA, as the largest self-certification body in the industry, is now providing a meaningful award for recognising top industry talent.
“I want to use the Installation of the Year Award to showcase and promote the talented installers who are busy defining what best practice looks like in our industry. Their examples will hopefully inspire others to strive for excellence and drive up standards across the board.”
Commenting, Danelle Kaukau, Product Manager at FENSA, said:
“Our Installation of the Year Award will give our members much-deserved recognition amongst their peers and colleagues for the high quality work they produce. The winner is also set to benefit from recognition by the most visible certification brand in the eyes of consumers”
“FENSA prides itself on high standards, so the bar will be high for our inaugural competition. Top contenders will lead the way in inspiring members to raise standards and to win more business”